Friday, January 30, 2009

All things have a beginning…


So here is the start of my blog. I know that I often think that beginnings should be something special, like starting of with a BANG but I know that sometimes that is impossible. So here is my start:

Today was an okay day. Most days, my daughter Sophia’s lack of language leaves us both frustrated. I hate waking up early to drive to Baltimore, so on the days that I can sleep in, I do. Today I slept until 10 am. I have to admit it was nice, I woke up before Sophia and I was able to actually brush my teeth without a little one attached to my leg. When she did come down, I decided to try to see if she would be willing to eat donuts with powered sugar. Normally trying new foods is like pulling teeth with her. In fact we would go out to eat, and even though I know she likes fries, I would have to still shove them in her mouth to remind her. She liked the donuts just fine, I know they aren’t exactly the healthiest snack but sometimes you have to live a little.

We took a shower, and before I could get her dressed I had something happened that took my attention from her. In that moment she managed to get her snow boots on. Wearing only a diaper and her boots she waited in front of the baby gate at the top of the steps. I had to laugh. She made my day in that moment; had anything else go wrong today I could have remembered that moment and been in a better mood.

We had a lot of shopping to do today. Her second birthday is on Feb 2, and her party is on the 7th. We are doing a Backyardigans theme, because she likes them. They seem to be pretty popular because there wasn’t many plates left. I got everything I could, we went to the party supply store and target. (Of course all these things had to be overly costly but I guess you can’t put a price on happy children.)

I know this doesn’t sound like a wild time, but to me it was a great day. We moved at our pace and talked. (Well she babbled which is great!)

For me, any day that can be consider a ‘normal’ day is great. So maybe this is a great start to my blog.

1 comments:

Robyn said...

Omg that is the funniest picture ever! The best part is, she really thinks she is ready to go play in the snow.

Post a Comment