Well my friends and I had our first planned weekday board game night… and it was all that I hoped it could be. They came over to my place, which in itself is rare because I live out towards the country while they are towards the city. My friend brought a chicken and we had stove top and veggies. (Okay we all love stovetop…)
Anyway, the important part of this blog is really my board game ratings. Are you ready?
The first game we played last night was Scattogories. It is a fun game, where knowing a lot can really helpful. You can think outside of the boy but all things written down are subject to a vote so if your fellow game members think you are insane for your choice then you can’t get a point. The biggest frustration with this game is the timer, the ticking is annoying and the last few seconds it goes into the domdomdomdom, faster and faster… which makes you want to throw the damn thing out the window.
My team of ‘experts’, which I call the Board Game Committee, have rated Scattogories, I could list the scores we each gave but I decided to do an average of them. Everything is on a 1-5 scale, 1 being the lowest and 5 being the highest.
The average score for the amount of fun the game is: 3.5
The average score for the amount of difficulty: 3.75
The average score for the overall competiveness: 4.5
Giving Scattogories an overall average score of: 3.75
The second game we played, yes we played 2 which definitely made us go past of bed times, was Loaded questions. Some of you might have played this game, but we did the adult version. I would say this was a good game, some questions were very lame will others funny. Some of them made my husband feel like the game was made just for women. And honestly he kind of slowed this game a bit because he is too logical and needed to find the best and honest answe
r. I thought this game was great, definitely not for children. I also think you need all women or a good mix of both women and men. This game has a lot of sexual content so I don’t suggest taking it to a gathering where anyone might be offended.
My team of ‘experts’, which I call the Board Game Committee, have rated Loaded Questions Adult Version, I could list the scores we each gave but I decided to do an average of them. Everything is on a 1-5 scale, 1 being the lowest and 5 being the highest.
The average score for the amount of fun the game is: 4.25
The average score for the amount of difficulty: 2
The average score for the overall competiveness: 1.75
Giving Loaded Questions Adult Version an overall average score of: 3.75
I think it is interesting that they both got fairly equal scores, but in defense of Loaded Questions Adult Version, my husband might have been a little meaner to it considering he is such a logical person.
Well I hope you all enjoyed my first blog about board games, I do plan to make this happen every couple weeks. If anyone has any game recommendations I’d love to hear them!
Anyway, the important part of this blog is really my board game ratings. Are you ready?
The first game we played last night was Scattogories. It is a fun game, where knowing a lot can really helpful. You can think outside of the boy but all things written down are subject to a vote so if your fellow game members think you are insane for your choice then you can’t get a point. The biggest frustration with this game is the timer, the ticking is annoying and the last few seconds it goes into the domdomdomdom, faster and faster… which makes you want to throw the damn thing out the window.My team of ‘experts’, which I call the Board Game Committee, have rated Scattogories, I could list the scores we each gave but I decided to do an average of them. Everything is on a 1-5 scale, 1 being the lowest and 5 being the highest.
The average score for the amount of fun the game is: 3.5
The average score for the amount of difficulty: 3.75
The average score for the overall competiveness: 4.5
Giving Scattogories an overall average score of: 3.75
The second game we played, yes we played 2 which definitely made us go past of bed times, was Loaded questions. Some of you might have played this game, but we did the adult version. I would say this was a good game, some questions were very lame will others funny. Some of them made my husband feel like the game was made just for women. And honestly he kind of slowed this game a bit because he is too logical and needed to find the best and honest answe
r. I thought this game was great, definitely not for children. I also think you need all women or a good mix of both women and men. This game has a lot of sexual content so I don’t suggest taking it to a gathering where anyone might be offended.My team of ‘experts’, which I call the Board Game Committee, have rated Loaded Questions Adult Version, I could list the scores we each gave but I decided to do an average of them. Everything is on a 1-5 scale, 1 being the lowest and 5 being the highest.
The average score for the amount of fun the game is: 4.25
The average score for the amount of difficulty: 2
The average score for the overall competiveness: 1.75
Giving Loaded Questions Adult Version an overall average score of: 3.75
I think it is interesting that they both got fairly equal scores, but in defense of Loaded Questions Adult Version, my husband might have been a little meaner to it considering he is such a logical person.
Well I hope you all enjoyed my first blog about board games, I do plan to make this happen every couple weeks. If anyone has any game recommendations I’d love to hear them!


1 comments:
So proud to say I'm a member of the "Board Game Committe"! lol That picture at the bottom makes me laugh. Too bad you didn't include the one of Scott attempting the shuffle dance.
Post a Comment