Sunday, December 6, 2009

All men dream: but not equally - Thomas E. Lawrence

Lately I have been thinking about the many dreams I have had that never came true. It isn’t as if I get a hopeless feeling because these dreams are turning into realities, it is just one of the fact of life. Sometimes our dreams don’t come true, the choice is to dwell or dream again.

My daughter still isn’t making too many waves verbally, not in the way I would have thought she would. She babbles more and makes sounds. She lovely to be sure, but the fact that she is severely delayed in language leaves her feeling frustrated… and honestly me too. She can’t tell me if she isn’t feeling well or if she I hungry. The only word she can really use to answer me is no. I go through a lot of ‘nos’ to get a yes.

I know in the end that it will be okay. My dreams had adjusted for her. Instead of dreaming of college I dream of her just being happy. Maybe she

I think I might cry the day she says: “Mommy, juice.”

0 comments:

Post a Comment